The Prospect Lodge survives as one of an identical pair built in 1832 to flank the original entrance to Glasnevin Cemetery. The lodges were designed by Patrick Byrne (1783-1854), a prominent Irish architect of the classical tradition, as an ensemble with triumphal arch of the cemetery gateway. The lodge had been disused since the latter decades of the twentieth century and had fallen into an advanced state of dereliction. Repairs were initiated in 2010 with the reinstatement of a hipped roof, and subsequently the lodge was fully restored to serve as additional office accommodation for the administration of the five cemeteries in the care of Glasnevin Trust.
Lotts Architecture and Urbanism
South William Street
Tel/Fax: +353 (0) 1 6771006
Email: Click Here